- Eat fruits, vegetables, teas and spices. While often looked at as a cancer treatment, increasing the amount of plants you eat can help prevent breast cancer.
- Eat onions, shallots, garlic and chives. Many studies confirm that there exists a correlation between a daily dose of alliums and the reduced risk of cancer.
- Stay active. You don’t have to participate in intensive exercise; you just have to introduce some activity to your day.
- Healthy dose of vitamin D. Get your vitamin D levels tested and if too low supplement. Researchers have found an association between low levels of vitamin D and breast cancer.
- Avoid toxins. Don’t eat or drink from plastics made with PVCs or BPA. Never heat plastic containers or use cookware that has scratched Teflon. Avoid using personal products with parabens and phthalates. There are various toxins that have been known to cause the growth of cancer cells.
- Avoid dairy. A pregnant cow produces extra estrogen which ends up in her milk. Researchers have found that excess estrogen causes breast cancer cells increase. The fat in milk is also known to release excess estrogen in the women’s body.
Breast Cancer and Holistic Prevention
September 20, 2010 by Laura Ure